A journey of a thousand miles starts in front of your feet

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Popped collars are back in style!

Popped collars caught in action! I wonder if National
Geographic is going to want a copy of this?
(click to view larger)
You are not going to believe this...but popped collars are totally back in style over here. For a month now, I have been trying to sneak a photo of some of the popped collars that are roaming around the mall. At last, I have finally captured this very exotic creature! As I am looking at the crisp lines of the collar and how it makes the men's heads look more pronounced, I realize...these guys are just like peacocks! Whenever we see a gentleman and sometimes an occasional gal with their collars popped, it is almost like they are saying, "Hey, look at me and how large my popped collar is!".  I cannot help but laugh out loud everytime I see one!
Henry and Big Buddy after eating dinner at a Noodle
company. They ran around the mall and were crazy
together! They have a lot of fun.

I hope to capture a photo of Mr. Big wearing his occasional popped collar. I think he also likes the look and feel of it! ;)

I am also trying to capture an Arab mullet, but have not had any success. It is like trying to get a snapshot of Big Foot around here. Each picture I take, seems to be to dark. Strange!

Five days till we fly home and we got to go to dinner with our new friends Pete and Johanna. Big Buddy loves playing with Henry pictured here. They are both a lot alike...boy all the way! They are loud, fast, and rough together! Here Henry is looking at the motorcycle that Big Buddy gave him. He was so happy to receive it! We hope that we will be able to see them one more time before we leave!

2 comments:

  1. oh that is sooo funny!! (the popped collar thing) what an unbelievable experience you have had! And your little guy too! we'll have to do lunch when you get home-don't worry i'll give you a few days to unpack:) i want to hear more! see you soon, steph

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think my husband is one of the two only guys in Bogota, Colombia that's trying to make hats come back into fashion. Peacocks is quite an interesting word and one that is quite nice for men who are trying too hard in the world of fashion. My husband looks quite nice in his hat, not quite like a peacock, but he certainly stands out....

    ReplyDelete