A journey of a thousand miles starts in front of your feet

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

I found PORK sucka's!

A proud momma that's bringing home
the bacon! (click to view larger)
We found a British Super Market in a rinky dink little mall not too far away from our apartment and decided to scope it out. So glad I did, it was like Christmas when I found the "Pork for Non-Muslims" section hidden way in the back of the store (I swear going back there felt like back in the day when your parents would disappear behind the "naughty movies curtain" at the VHS store). Non-the-less, dirty unholy pork could be found here. Yum, yum, yummy! We also found some other interesting things here...fish galore. Big Buddy was fascinated with this. He kept telling Mr. Big, "I want to take a fish home daddy!" Mr. Big would ask him what part of the fish would he like to eat, and he would respond with, I want to eat the fin, eyeball and mouth. Since we don't eat fish really, Mr. Big and I couldn't figure out which fish would be good or even how to prepare it (please don't judge). So we skipped out without one of these beauties, however, Big Buddy would get his wish just one day later! At check out it works a bit different then at home, here a guy empties the cart while one scans the items while the last one bags the items. You end up just standing there all dumb like...well that is what I looked like at least. :) We did end up getting in trouble because we didn't figure out that you had to weigh your produce and print out your own stickers until it was too late. They had to go and do it for us really grumpily. Sorry!
Loads of fresh fish.

In the mall that is hiding the pork, I ran across this interesting sign giving directions to prayer rooms for men and women. Wow. This struck me a little bit odd. Couldn't resist a picture. After we found the pork, I felt moved to go and pray in one of these rooms to thank God for this great gift...Mr. Big rolling his eyes, dragged me out of the rinky dink mall, but not before he bought me a new pair of sunglasses. Did I mention that the sun is so bright here you have to wear shades? No really, my eyes have never been so "Blinded by the Light", LOL. Let's just say that I am no longer the wearer of cheap gas station $2 glasses. Nope...ladies I have now joined the ranks of Versace! Mr. Big....I love you!
Yes, I am super tired, no I am not pregnant (I am going to
torch that shirt once I get home!)







I found this interesting! (click to view larger!)

1 comment:

  1. Heather! I am loving reading your blog! I can just hear your voice. I'm glad you are surviving and enjoying:) Experience of a lifetime. I'm jealous. Can't wait to scrap/sew when you come home!! love, steph

    ReplyDelete