A journey of a thousand miles starts in front of your feet

Friday, December 24, 2010

Five days till Christmas, and what did we see?


Giant presents at the Mall.
Each day, more and more Christmas stuff appears at the Mall and around town. LOL! I realized that I am so conditioned to see Christmas right after Halloween, that it struck me as odd that they wait until the actual week of Christmas to display decorations here (the way that it used to be back in the states).

Big Buddy posing in front of this spectacular Christmas tree.
It was so wonderful for Big Buddy and I to see this four story tall Christmas tree. We are feeling the spirit of Christmas now. Big Buddy really digs the giant presents that sit on the floor next to it. It is fun to watch the droves of tourists getting their picture taken next to it...much like this picture of Big Buddy!

Sometimes when we see something so spectacular like this giant Christmas tree, I start wondering how many Christmas lights are on it...I know, it is the geek in me.

This tree is also a giant reminder that I am not done Christmas shopping. It gets a little bit hard when Mr. Big is gone all the time working, and Big Buddy is with me everyday. So I have learned a few techniques on how to buy things for Big Buddy while he is standing right there. I am a mastermind now. In fact, most of what I have purchased is while he is with me.


Breathtaking Christmas tree. When you get up close,
there are ornaments and giant stars all over it.
I just distract his attention, buy the item or items and then tell him that we bought a shirt for daddy when he asks what is in the bag. Tricky, I know...thinking about it, I wonder if my mom used to do the same when we were with her.

No comments:

Post a Comment