A journey of a thousand miles starts in front of your feet

Monday, December 20, 2010

Seven days till Christmas!


A snowman in Dubai! No way!
With only one week until Christmas, Big Buddy and I decided that we are going to try and seek out as many Christmas activities as we can this week. So here it goes...Seven days left and what did we see?

Big Buddy found this train and was in love!
We saw a giant snowman with presents at the toy store, Hamleys, in the mall! We ran around this store like crazy, playing with everything from tables with Legos, to riding bikes, to jumping on a trampoline, to playing with fish in water, to playdough, to train sets....you name it we played with it! This store is so cool! They let kids play with toys here for hours. They also get to know your names and show you all the new toys (great sales tack tick if I do say so myself!).

After all the fun at the toy store, we found this really fun train just parked out in the middle of nowhere. So we decided that we better take a ride on it through the mall! A couple of other kids went on a ride with us (I wondered why I was the only parent that decided to go...I may of looked ridiculous...but I had a fun time!) The train ride takes you through the open air part of the mall, where there are little eateries, cupcakes, ice-cream and the likes of everything delicious!

Mommy and Big Buddy in the last cart of the train!
Big Buddy chose the last car on the train, which I felt was the best one! Here we are sitting together in the little train car! Cant you just see the excitement in his eyes! Trains are so magical! It was a lot of fun people watching on our ride along the way. Yes, I am sure that people enjoyed watching a mom on the ride as well! I can imagine the Arab women talking under their breath, "Is she the nanny? No, could she really be playing with her own kid!".

After the quick little ride, I took Big Buddy's picture with the conductor! The guy was really nice and even blew the train whistle a few times.
The conductor was so friendly and nice to Big Buddy.
:)

After all the fun, the best part was that Mr. Big took us to the local ACE Harware and we were able to find a cute little plastic Christmas tree. The best thing was that it came with some decorations! I have to admit, it is better then I figured we would find! Now, we are all in the Christmas spirit!

Our cute little Christmas tree.
We cannot wait to see what we will find tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment